Tuesday, July 24, 2012

The Sassy & Sophisticated Bride Vol 4: The Wedding Salon Bridal Expo Recap

Hello SASsy Friends! Last night I attended The Wedding Salon's bridal expo in NYC.  I went to one of their events a few months ago and absolutely loved it, so my expectations were very high for this event as well.  

Since I am planning my own wedding, I was specifically looking for wedding invitation vendors and reception decor ideas.  I was a bit disapointed with the lack of vendors, this time around.  It seemed that every other station was a dentist or cosmetic procedure vendor, however I still came away with some great ideas for my wedding.

Wedding Reception Decor:

This is by far my favorite design at the show.  I loved every element of this design right down to the chair sashes.  The soft colors and use of crystals with multiple types of flowers are going to be very popular for next year's spring brides!
Design by Diana Gould LTD
I also loved this candelabra design, it's very classy and elegant with lots of bling!

Don't you just love the tiny crystals in the bouquet of flowers!

Design by Diana Gould LTD
Planning a country sheek wedding?  If so, these looks could be perfect for you!



Place Settings:

There were several place setting ideas with various charger plates and napkin rings.  Adding these two elements can really help pull your look together and I loved the use of napkins to add a pop of color to the table setting!




Wedding Dresses:

There were live brides modeling wedding gowns, however this is one area that I felt the event was lacking in.  Previously, there were several bridal vendors there and this time there were only 2 or 3.  While I loved this dress, I just with there had been more.  



The Wedding Cake:

Don't forget the cake! I love this cake with so many different textures and designs it's almost too pretty to cut!  If there had been samples, it would have been awesome!.


Wedding Invitations:

For those of you looking to really make an impression on your guests, try these boxed invites.  The prices may break the bank, but you can guarantee people wont throw these away.


ECR Designs
One thing I noticed is that the up-lighting really affected the way the pictures turned out, most of them are very dark or have a blue or purplish tent to them.  This is something to keep in mind if you are planning on using up-lighting at your wedding.

Overall the event was nice, but didn't live up to my expectations since the first one was so amazing with way more vendors, samples and free champagne. But, I'm keeping an optimistic out look for the next event and I'm sure I'll come away with even more great ideas!


Keeping up with The SASsy Report:

Be sure to vote on our Facebook page for the weekly hot or not wedding dress:

To get more wedding ideas and see our favorite dresses follow The SASsy Report on Twitter @TheSASsyReport and on Pintrest http://pinterest.com/thesassyreport/


***New website coming soon*****
brideswithsass.com


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep all comments clean and appropriate. Any comments deemed inappropriate will be deleted. I will do my best to respond to any questions in a timely manner. Thanks and keep it SASsy!