Tip 1: Keep it Moving
That's right keep it moving, not in the sense of getting rid of a guy/girl and moving on, but keep doing what you've been doing. So what if you can't go to your favorite rooftop or dine outside, that doesn't mean you can't hang out with your friends. Try organizing a girls night out, poker night for the fellas or a weekend getaway. Continue to be social, the more social you are, the more you will be able to ward off the winter blues.
Tip 2: Try Something New
Don't stop going to the gym just because it's cold outside and it's so much warmer in your bed. (We have all made that excuse, myself included.) Remember you can hide your fat with lots of layers in the winter, but when spring comes and the layers come off, you don't want extra fat and dimples to fall out.
When working out, try new exercises to keep yourself motivated. This one is my favorite total body workouts. I train 4-5 days a week and can only do 3-5 of these so don't feel bad if you can't knock out a ton the first few times you try it.
Get two dumbbells (db) of manageable size for rows/dumbbell squats (I use 5-10lbs, after one rep you will understand why)
1) Start in the push-up position with hands on db's, complete a push up
2) Row one of the db's after you're in the up position of the push-up, then place db back on the ground and do another push-up
3) Repeat step 2 with the opposite arm performing the row at up portion of push-up
4) Jump your feet near your hands
5) Bring db's to waist height and squat down until you can rest db's on deck slightly in front of your body.
6) Stand up from the squat while raising the db's over your head
6) Jump back into push up position and repeat
For a video demonstration follow this link:
Tip 3: Shop, Shop Shop!
When all else fails, retail therapy always me beat the winter blues. I love the feeling of new clothes on my back and shoes on my feet! These are my favorites:
Nine West Nathania: