Thursday, September 29, 2011

Spa Reviews

Hello SASsy Friends, I hope everyone is having a great week.  With the weekend rapidly approaching, many of us will be heading to the spa for some much needed R&R. Here are my reviews of 3 spas in NYC:


The Setai Spa- Setai 5th Avenue:

This is by far my favorite my favorite spa. I will start off by saying this spa is located in one of Manhattans newest and most posh 5 star hotels.  The services are not cheap by any means but what you get for your money is well worth it.

With the purchase of any treatment, you have full access to all of the spa's facilities for the entire day. I checked in at 10am and left at 7pm and really didn't want to leave then.  Fellas, this is the perfect holiday, just because, mother's day out, or even get out of the doghouse gift for your lady.  Trust me she will LOVE it and you!

I started off my day with a great workout in the well equip gym, and then enjoyed a relaxing shower with music.  From there it was off to my 1hr massage. ($185)  I have never felt so relaxed in my entire life and my chronic neck pain subsided for weeks.


After my treatment, the masseuse led me to the humum (steam room with lights on the ceiling that look like stars) for a complementary Turkish body wrap and mud mask.  Then she showed me the lounge, whirlpool and shower rooms.  There simply isn't a better way to spend a day!
Overall Grade A+

Humum Room

Lounge

Whirlpool

Skin Spa:

The skin spa focuses on various skin treatments to prevent aging and to keep your skin fresh and healthy.  They recently started offering massages (I haven't tried one of theirs yet)

Unfortunately their Soho location is quite underwhelming.  It's a typical NYC building, no posh amenities or anything special about it and the treatment rooms feel more like a doctor's office than a relaxating spa.

The facial I received was great and I loved how soft my face felt afterward.   Their services are reasonably priced (1hr facial $75), but if you are looking for luxury, look elsewhere. 
Overall Grade B-
Treatment Room


Silk Spa:

Hidden in the lower east side of Manhattan is this gem of a relaxation.  Silk spa is an Asian themed spa that is the perfect place to relax after a long week.  When you are arrived you are allowed to select the type of music you like, it's volume and even how much you like the masseuse to talk during your treatment. My massage was wonderful, in fact I fell asleep.  Afterwards you are taken to the relaxation room and then provided with amenities to shower and refresh yourself.   There's a huge selection of treatments and I will be going back to try more.

Overall Grade A
Lounge
Bath



That's all for this weeks edition.  If you would like more information on any of these spas, please leave comments and I will respond within 48hrs.

Twitter: @MzSAS

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep all comments clean and appropriate. Any comments deemed inappropriate will be deleted. I will do my best to respond to any questions in a timely manner. Thanks and keep it SASsy!